Led by the irresistible energy of master West African rhythm guitarist and drummer Mamadou Diop, MAMADOU presents a world-class cultural experience. The sound is a guitar and drum led groove that includes the rhythms of high-life, juju, rumba, samba, salsa, and reggae blended with authentic Senegalese ethnic rhythms. Though MAMADOU's songs are sung in several languages, the language of music is universal and every audience they perform for instantly understands and reacts with joyous dance.
Based in the Greater Boston area, MAMADOU has introduced their unique style of music throughout the New England area and beyond. Check their calendar to see when they will be in your area. You can always contact Mamadou Diop directly to inquire about availabilities for your special occasions. We thank you for your interest and your support!
Some of our Cool Gigs:
- Festivals: Rockland Lobster Festival, Marblehead Festival of Arts, Ocean State Reggae Festival, Bethlehem Musikfest, Martha's Vineyard International Film Festival, just to name a few... If you have a festival and would like something new, different, and well received, contact us. Check our calendar and our references. We aim to please!
- Schools and Colleges: Harvard, MIT, Berklee School of Music, Salem State University, University of New England, University of Massachusetts, and many public and private high schools across New England. Contact us for a cultural and educational experience to remember.
- Weddings and Private Parties: We have done weddings all across New England, from Nantucket to Nahant to New Hampshire. Contact us if you're interested in something unique and special to make your memorable occasion even more so.
- Awarded a "Boston Music Award" as International Artist of the Year in 2011. Nominated 3 times.
- Awarded "Humanitarian of the Year" by the Art of Living Foundation and the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
- Mamadou Diop has over 40 years of experience performing live for audiences around the world.
- As a rhythm guitarist, Mamadou Diop approaches music with his own unique style that ranks him among the best in the world.
- Mamadou has worked with some of West Africa's most notable musicians including those of Thione Seck, Baaba Maal, Youssou Ndour, Africando, and Orchestra Baobab to name a few.
- Brings the music, rhythms, and styles of ALL of West Africa and beyond into his performances, regularly introducing audiences to new and different music that is best experienced live.
©2015 MAMADOU - West African World-Fusion Music | Templates
by Hurricane Media